I am building a screen in which a barcode can be pasted and entered with a barcode scanner. For this purpose I’ve created a view with only its form visible and in it only a barcode field. This field should be editable multiple times without having to click any GUI buttons. According to the view itself these are updates of the barcode field. Behind the view is an instead of update trigger that adds the new data to a table. This works. As soon as a barcode is typed into the field and ctrl+enter’d a new row is added to the table.The problem is the form isn’t editable immediately despite having auto-edit enabled in its subject settings. I need to click in another tab in the gui and then return to the view to have its form editable. This seems to be the standard behavior of auto-edit in tables too.I’ve done some testing with combinations in a process flow to make the form editable without needing any user input between barcode updates but so far I’ve been unsuccessful to make this work. For
For a certain task it’s required to query a system-versioned aka temporal table at a certain point in the past. Let’s call this table temporal_table for simplicity.Here’s an example query:select v.*from temporal_table for system_time as of '2021-2-27 14:59:46' vIn SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) this runs in about 2 seconds for this particular table. Using this in a lengthy select statement with a bunch of joins also runs rather fast in SSMS as it takes about 10 seconds to finish.The problem happens when this code is used in a task in our end product. As soon as the for system_time flag is used in the SQL code the task goes from running 10 seconds to what’s basically forever. This is the same code used in SSMS, with the exact same datetime for testing purposes. (This date will be replaced by a parameter in a later stage as it needs to be dynamic.)I’ve tried to get around the issue with this alternative query:select v.*from temporal_table for system_time all vwhere '2021-2-27 1
We just upgraded to version 2019.1 and I immediately tested the new sorted combo in one of our tables. However it doesn't work and despite setting the lookup as 'sorted' the drop-down still appears alphabetical. I followed these steps: First I set a default sort on the lookup table: [img]https://uploads-eu-west-1.insided.com/thinkwise-en/attachment/8a004e0a-0cd8-450b-9bf6-a6d43d9089ff.png[/img] This table holds sizes with an ID and a description where the sizes are sorted by a sorting column called "weergave_volgorde", for example to show sizes in the order of S, M and L (with corresponding order values of 1, 2 and 3). This sorting column is part of the default sort. I also tried sorting on this column alone with the same result. Then I set the following lookup: [img]https://uploads-eu-west-1.insided.com/thinkwise-en/attachment/335f3495-be98-49c5-9f69-bee6fb56bda7.png[/img] Where vw_maat is the lookup table in the previous image. As you can see I set the look-up control to a sort
Login to the Thinkwise Software Community
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.