Solved

Modify combo-box option

• 5 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What options do I have to control a combo-box (or what are my other options?) 

I have a Purchasing system, and every step the invoice gets a new status. 

However, in certain situations, the superuser can change the status back/forth. However, still with limitations. 

So, I have these statuses;

But -e.g.- when the invoice is already Interfaced, I want to disable certain options.

Can I ‘grey out’ certain options (Elements in my domain)? Or can I in some other way build a Combo-box with values build with code? If status = x → show options 1,2,3. Etc. 

Any tips regarding this matter?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 5 July 2021, 12:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

It is not possible to grey out certain statuses or let them disappear as domain elements are not subjected to the layout procedure for example to be hidden. You could throw a message in the default if the user selects a status that is not allowed and empty the status accordingly.

Best alternative is by having the statuses as part of you application. Create a status table for this list in your application and make a reference to the Task. That way you have more control over what the user can see or select. This comes with the downside that translations for these statuses then also have to be present in your application. Luckily we do now provide a session variable to obtain the user's language so you can show the correct translation for the user (assuming you have multiple languages. If only English is present in your application, this is not needed)

We are planning on introducing Domain variants. Also another user has created an idea to be able to change the visibility of domain elements based on logic: Ability to hide Domain element based on logic | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Does this help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Blommetje, does my previous reply help you out?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Yes, making the list part of the app is sometimes a good solution. But for short lists with like this example, statuses, I still think a layout proc to disable certain options would be very handy. 

I think it’s nicer to grey out an option than to show a message after selecting it that its not allowed.

And sometimes that scenario happens. 

But for now i’m good. thnx! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

Yes, making the list part of the app is sometimes a good solution. But for short lists with like this example, statuses, I still think a layout proc to disable certain options would be very handy. 

I think it’s nicer to grey out an option than to show a message after selecting it that its not allowed.

And sometimes that scenario happens. 

But for now i’m good. thnx! 

I'm sure you'll like these ideas :wink: :

We currently also support making domain elements unavailable in case elements should be present but not selectable anymore

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

​​​​​

We currently also support making domain elements unavailable in case elements should be present but not selectable anymore

I assume is only relevant to phase out certain values, correct? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

​​​​​

I assume is only relevant to phase out certain values, correct? 

Correct:wink: