Skip to main content

If i enter values for Label or Field width in Subjects>Settings no changes seem to happen (If i enter Field height this do change it for every column for that table). If I enter values for Label or Field width per cell via Subject>Components>Form the width change does happen. Although then, if a field is added later, this does not have the same properties of course because it reverts to the defaul values. Is this a possible bug? Am i missing something?

Readings Anne’s comment i now know what he meant by reserved label width in Subject>Settings

The ‘problem’ is solved, because i know my issue, but i would suggest instead of naming Subject>Settings tLabel width] and ]Field width], rename it to: tLabel width reservation] and ]Field width reservation], or something like that.

I see this topic is still unanswered, did you manage to get it working or do you still need help with this?

Hi Anne,

I am using the Windows GUI. The way you are describing Subject>Settings as default values for Subject>Component>Forms is how i expected it to work, but in practice it is not doing anything on the Windows GUI, from the Settings that is, Forms is working fine.

Hi Guido,

Are you using the Windows- or Web GUI or the Universal GUI? They have a bit of a different approach when it comes to field- and label widths.

For the Windows- and Web GUI, the settings at Subject>Settings are used as default values for the settings at Subject>Component>Forms. In addition, the settings at Subject>Settings determine the total form column width reserved for fields.

For Universal, the total form column width is flexible, it scales when changing the available horizontal space. The configured label- and field widths at Subject>Component>Forms also fall back to Subject>Settings, but instead they are used to calculate a percentage of the available horizontal space relative to Subject>Settings.