Solved

Download indicium XLSX via running tasks

• 30 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I like to achieve the following in our application (Web GUI):

When the user executes a certain task a download* is started and shown in the running tasks window. When the download is finished the user can retrieve the file via the running tasks window.

* The download is the response of a select request to indicium with the option to export as XLSX added (&$export=xlsx).

It should behave the same as how you can download a GUI via the TCP website.

What steps are needed to achieve this?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 15 June 2022, 13:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Pierius,

I believe you can achieve this by changing the value of Await result to No:

SF > Tasks > Settings - General

By setting this to No, the Task will be execute in the background. Progress for this task can then be watched in the Running tasks pop-up as illustrated in your image. (Top-right corner of the application)

Badge +1

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately when I set the task setting Await result to No. The running tasks window will show up, but freezes until the task is finished. During the freeze you can’t minimize or close the window to perform other actions.

After the task is done there is no option available to download the xlsx.

The process flow executed by the task is set up as follows.

What am I missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Pierius,

I forgot to answer the question sorry, after asking around, this is a custom task that has been specially made for TCP as it comprises multiple files and/or folders to create a download for the user. This is not a native feature of the platform.

The Await result set to No will cause the Task to be run in the background, but because you are using the task inside a process flow, the GUI will "freeze” until the HTTP connector step is finished. Using Tasks with await result set to No inside process flows may cause this behavior if there are steps after the execution of this task. If it's the last step, I believe it does not freeze the GUI.