Solved

Calendar Scheduler

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
We have to create an event schedular in which we get dates entries from database.

How do we create event schedular in software ?
icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 9 July 2019, 13:14

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Could you specify the term 'event schedular' a bit more, in terms of expected functionality, please?
Then question will be easier to answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey Ashwini,

In the Thinkwise Software it is possible to make schedulers under Full model > Extenders. This is a bit advanced and might take some time to figure out and make it perfect. Then with the use of Tasks it is possible to make it exactly as you would like it to be. Under some screenshots for reference.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hello Mark,

I have created extender and also created one task. Which screen type component we can use to show the same screen as you mentioned ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hello Mark,

I have created extender and also created one task. Which screen type component we can use to show the same screen as you mentioned ?

Hey Ashwini,

You should assign a screen type to your view where a 'Scheduler' component has been placed in. That should make the Scheduler appear.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi Mark,

Please find the below screenshot. I am facing this issue after assigning screen type with schedular

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hi Mark,

Please find the below screenshot. I am facing this issue after assigning screen type with schedular

Hey Ashwini,

The resource_scheduler is a difficult piece of functionality. There is a Resource side, a Task side and a Worktime side. Resources are the resources specified left of the screen. In my picture that is under 'Werknemer' (Employee). In this view you name all resources that you would like to see in the Calendar. In your case I think it would be employees.

Then there is the Task view. Those are like Events on the scheduler. In my picture there aren't any but normally there would be. Tasks have start and end dates (and times if needed).

And lastly there is a Worktime view. This view contains data regarding background colors.

Here you find the database side of how we use it in our project:

I hope this helps you further in achieving the Calendar 😁
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I also found this in our Docs: https://office.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/docs/sf/resource_scheduler.html

This should make sure you get a great functioning Calendar.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi Mark,

The solution provided by you is really very helpful. I am very thankful to you.Still I am facing issue.

Please find the below screenshot.

Regards,
Ashwini Anbhore
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey Ashwini,

Glad I could help 😄

The error has something to do with one of the properties you have given. Every property requires a certain value type. I guess there is one property that expects a value type of one kind but the given value doesn't match. For instance, a property requesting an int (number) and got a value of 'Foo' (text). That would give such kind of error.

Please check all properties if the right value has been given and if that value is of the right value type.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi Mark,

Do I need deploy again once change in extender ?

Regards,
Ashwini
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey Ashwini,

A 'Model refresh' should do the trick. 😉 or else restart the application (if no IAM, else sync application to IAM first then restart) if there is no change visible. Sometimes that helps.

Kind regards,
Mark
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks Mark
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Could you mark the answer to your initial question as Best answer? So others can see the answer quickly. I suppose all your questions have been answered 😉
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi Mark,

I am not able show scheduler. I am doing following steps:

1. created tables
  2. created extenders and assign property values
  3. created view
  4. created screen type with scheduler component and assign to view
Is these are correct steps or am I missing anything ?

Thanks and Regards,
Ashwini
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey Ashwini,

The view that should be assigned to the screen type with Scheduler component is the resource view. This is also the view you should open for example through a menu item or open as detail. Are you sure the resource view specified in the Extender is equal to the view name?

As seen here:

Also make sure every manditory property has a value. If missing it could be the reason why the resource scheduler is not working.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi Mark,

Thanks

Regards,
Ashwini
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi Mark,

I have bind my view to extender and I have two entries in my view, But here t shows only topmost entry. How do I show all entries ?

Thanks and Regards,
Ashwini
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey Ashwini,

Looks nice! Happy to see that it's working.

To answer your question, can you confirm your resource view (one the left side) has multiple records in it? If so, the property "Resources per page: " in the extender settings might have the value 1. You can leave this blank for now. Then all resources should be shown. Later you always could decide to limit the amount to be visible on the screen.

Hope this is the answer 😁
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi Mark,

Thanks. This solution is really helpful.

Regards,
Ashwini
Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I also found this in our Docs: https://office.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/docs/sf/resource_scheduler.html

This should make sure you get a great functioning Calendar.

new link: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/resource_scheduler