June 3, 2022:
- Changed beta release to the full version: 2022.1.16.0
- Improvements for issues found in the previous beta release:
When a record was edited by a process flow and the subject was closed at the same time, an error message appeared unnecessarily:
"Request error: The object was not found. You may have insufficient rights or the object no longer exists"
This has been fixed.
In the beta release, we improved the style of the task buttons in the toolbar. As a result, the toolbar was not always the correct size, and the task buttons could continuously change size while editing the subject or executing a task. This has been fixed.
In this sprint, we fixed several issues, and we added two configuration settings to
config.json. When searching on a tablet or touchscreen, these settings prevent that after each keystroke, search results are updated immediately. Furthermore, toolbar buttons have been slightly enlarged.
We will keep you updated regularly about Universal's progress.
Universal GUI version 2022.1.16.0
Do not forget the documentation and be sure to keep the following in mind:
- A modern browser is required to access the Universal GUI, e.g., a recent version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari mobile. Using the Universal GUI with IE is not supported.
- The Universal GUI must be deployed on the same server as Indicium or an allowed origin in appsettings.json.
- The Universal GUI only works with version 2019.2 and up of the Thinkwise Platform.
- Make sure you run all hotfixes on the IAM and SF that you plan to use for the Universal GUI.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Indicium Universal.
Contents of this release
Configurable debounce time
When you type into the search field, the search starts a moment after each keystroke if no new keystroke occurs. This is called the debounce time. The default value of this debounce time is considered too short when typing on a tablet or touchscreen, resulting in search results being updated after each keystroke.
Therefore, this debounce time can now be configured in the
config.json file. Also, the default debounce time has been doubled for mobile devices, as typing on a touch keyboard is much slower.
New settings for
searchDebounceTime- in ms, with a default value of 300 ms and a minimum value of 300 ms.
searchDebounceTimeMobile- in ms, with a default value of 600 ms and a minimum value of 300 ms.
Enlarged toolbar buttons
Toolbar buttons with both an icon and text appeared too close together. They are now slightly enlarged, and there is more space between them. Also, the color has been changed for clarity when hovering.
Resized toolbar buttons
Minor fixes and tasks
- If a task start object or report start object was not included in the menu, it would not open at startup. This has been fixed.
- When leaving a field with a default setting to fill another field, the default value was filled in correctly, but the default value was not selected. Instead, the mouse cursor was placed right after the default value. This has been fixed.
- When tabbing through an editable grid, the dropdown lists of combo boxes could not be opened with a keyboard shortcut. This has been fixed.
- When zooming in on a screen until the menu on the left-hand side was hidden and then zooming out again, the menu remained hidden. This has been fixed.
- When adding a new parent record, incorrect child records were shown in the detail tab in some cases. This has been fixed. Now, when adding a parent record, only unrelated details will be displayed.
In some cases, when opening a subject with a default editable grid, the application could stop responding with a message: "Cannot read "allowUpdate" of undefined".
This could especially occur when two or more grids were loaded and displayed at the same time. This has been fixed.
What we will be working on next sprint
In the next sprint, we will mainly focus on fixing known issues. Furthermore, we will be working on:
- DateTime controls with time zone - This allows DateTime values to always be stored in UTC+0 and displayed to the user in the time zone configured for that user. This will only work in Software Factory platform 2022.2.
- Grid edit mode flashing - To reduce this, we need to upgrade a third-party library.
- Technical design for asynchronous editing in a grid - To improve the performance of the grid edit mode, we plan to have multiple records in edit mode behind the scenes. This allows the user to continue while the records are saved in the background. In this sprint, we will start with a design.
- In progress:
- Variant API - This will only work in Software Factory platform 2022.2.
- UI/UX Drag and drop.
- UI/UX Design Vertical tabs.