April 22, 2022:
- Changed beta release to the full version: 2022.1.14
- Improvements for issues found in the previous beta release:
When opening one of some specific screens after opening another screen, the specific screen was correctly listed in the OPEN DOCUMENTS section, but it did not show any content. This has been fixed.
In this sprint, we made it possible to open multiple instances of the same subject by Ctrl-clicking the corresponding menu item. Double-clicking a detail tab opens a new document zooming in on the detail. Furthermore, we added two configuration settings to improve grid performance. And splitter positions are now retained after refreshing the Universal GUI.
More new functionality and improvements are listed below.
We will keep you updated regularly about Universal's progress.
Universal GUI version 2022.1.14
Do not forget the documentation and be sure to keep the following in mind:
- A modern browser is required to access the Universal GUI, e.g., a recent version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari mobile. Using the Universal GUI with IE is not supported.
- The Universal GUI must be deployed on the same server as Indicium or an allowed origin in appsettings.json.
- The Universal GUI only works with version 2019.2 and up of the Thinkwise Platform.
- Make sure you run all hotfixes on the IAM and SF that you plan to use for the Universal GUI.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Indicium Universal.
Contents of this release
Open a subject twice through Ctrl-clicking
You can now open multiple instances of the same subject by holding CTRL and clicking the corresponding menu item.
Double-click a detail tab to open a new document and zoom in on the detail
You can now double-click a detail tab to open a new document and zoom in on the detail. This does not apply to mobile devices as there is no double click functionality.
Splitter positions retained after refreshing the Universal GUI
Splitter positions were retained after closing and reopening a subject but disappeared when refreshing the Universal GUI. As of this version, the splitter positions are also retained after a refresh.
New configuration settings for grid performance
We have added two configuration settings to improve grid performance. These settings can be useful for applications running on mobile devices with low hardware specifications. Record changes and scrolling appear to be slow on such mobile devices. We added two
gridDisableRowSwitchDebounce: true | false | mobile. Default = false
When set to
mobile while working on a mobile device, the first record change will be processed immediately instead of waiting for the 300ms debounce timeout. Any subsequent record changes will still be debounced.
gridRowBuffer: any number. Default = 10
gridRowBuffer property sets the number of rows the grid displays outside the visible area. The default is 10. For example, if a grid shows 30 rows (the number of rows that fits on your screen without scrolling), the grid will render 50 rows in total (10 extra rows before and 10 extra rows after). When scrolling, 10 rows can immediately be displayed, so the user will not see any redraw.
Setting a low row buffer makes the initial loading of the grid faster (for example, when data is first loaded, or after filtering or grouping). Setting a high row buffer will reduce the visible vertical scrolling of the redraw.
Overflow menu changes
In the overflow menu of the search and filter bar, when users are not allowed to filter, the Quick filter and Clear all filters options were read-only. This has changed. As of this version, these buttons are hidden. In addition, if a subject does not contain any prefilters, filters, or sorting, the overflow menu in the search and filter bar will be hidden.
Minor fixes and tasks
- In some cases, when a user opened a document containing a map component, no base layer was selected. Now a default base layer is selected.
- Cubes did not filter on values entered in a filter form field. This has been fixed.
- For look-ups with Def. control set to 'Combo (sorted)', the look-up control was still sorted alphabetically instead of according to the default sorting of the look-up subject. This happened in some cases if there were multiple sorting columns.
- When a user created a lookup value with an ID of '0', the lookup would only be visible in edit mode. The '0' would become invisible again when the user exits edit mode. This has been fixed.
- Deleting a record in a detail tab would sometimes change the parent's active record. This has been fixed.
- Recently we implemented task bars as a screen component. The task bar component is removed from the screen if it is directly below the default action bar. Otherwise, you would see two bars directly below each other. However, the task bar was not removed if it was on a tab. This has been fixed. If the task bar is elsewhere on the tab, its buttons will be correctly removed from the default action bar.
- In a specific case, some action bar buttons were displayed over the nearby task or report buttons, especially the Refresh and Delete buttons. This has been fixed.
- After dragging the cursor outside the browser window while moving a splitter, the application temporarily stopped responding. This has been fixed.
- In fields with the Image Combo domain, the images were not correctly colored when viewed (read) in dark mode. This has been fixed.
- If a chart showed a total number of objects and there were none, the tooltip would show Undefined instead of 0. This has been fixed.
- When opening a page with the Hide main action bar setting enabled and then reopening a page with this setting disabled, the action bar was still hidden. This has been fixed.
- When editing in a grid, numeric columns could not be left-aligned. This has been fixed.
- When adding a record in a detail subject, all data was intentionally refreshed, but a Bad Request error could also occur. This has been fixed.
- Look-ups based on an unauthorized look-up column did not refresh automatically. This has been fixed. Indicium now correctly instructs the Universal GUI to refresh the look-up column.
- In the previous version, the preview component did not support the file formats .txt, .xml, and .json. Now, these file formats are supported again.
- If a document was open and a process flow action Open document with input parameter
open_doc_existing_yeswould switch to this document, the process flow would not continue. This has been fixed.
- When a document was first opened, detail tiles were not visible in some cases. This has been fixed.
- For this fix, you must also install the Indicium 2022.1.17 release:
When signing out from the Universal GUI while connected via an OpenID connection (by a third party authentication provider), the user was not redirected to the correct logout page (see below) that provides the option to sign out, either from Indicium only or sign out from the third party authentication provider. Instead, the user stayed logged in. This has been fixed. Now the correct sign-out dialog is displayed. Signing out from the third-party authentication provider also signs out from other applications connected via OpenID in the same browser session.
Signing out from the Universal GUI with an OpenID connection
What we will be working on next sprint
The next sprint we will be working on:
- Improving grid performance
- In progress: UI/UX designs for cube panel and add row in grid.