Excel export does not contain group labels

Related products: Software Factory

When exporting an excel file, the group labels are not included in the excel file. As you can see in the image, the labels ‘kostprijs’ and ‘bruto verkoopprijs’ will not show up in the excel doc. 

The problem occurs when I translate the columns ‘huidige kostprijs’ and ‘nieuwe kostprijs’ to ‘huidige’ and ‘nieuwe’ (in order to make the screen readable). Then, the excel only shows columns named ‘huidige’ and ‘nieuwe’, which would make the excel unreadable. Is there a way to work around this problem? And otherwise, could it be possible to include group labels in an excel export?

Kind regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

As far as I know group headers are never included in the export to Excel. I will convert this topic into an idea for you so we may take it into consideration for implementation in the future.

Hi @Mark Leunissen,

Perhaps there is no need to export the group headers.

When exporting, the regular translation for columns is exported, not the grid translation. So you should get the extensive name in your export when you fill it in the ‘Translation’ field. 

When you divert from this in the ‘Translation grid’ field with the shortened name, the grid should also stay clean.

Can you try if this works for you? And if so, do you still require the idea to export group headers?

Good idea! This would solve my problem.

Needs feedbackCompleted