Auto refresh on revisiting a page in Universal GUI

Related products: Universal GUI

As a user I would like to navigate in my application and in case I revisit an already open page, then that page should display the latest data by auto-refreshing, and not wait until the auto-refresh interval elapses in case that is set.

e.g I have a page form where I modify information but the effect of those modifications extends to the display of the same information into several other pages. Upon revisiting a page which I had open  previously I would like it to see the latest information that was entered, meaning the page to auto-refresh when revisited.

I open page A that displays fields name ‘Dino’ and surname ‘Saur’

I open page B that displays fields name ‘Dino’ and surname ‘Saur’ , address, etc 

I modify in page B the field surname to ‘Lizard’

I revisit Page A which I previously opened and still has surname as ‘Saur’ and not ‘Lizard’.

Updated idea status NewOpen
The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.
Updated idea status OpenOn the backlog

This was solved on Universal GUI 2021.2.12. Please make sure you update the related Ideas to a “Solved” status each time, so people who request the ideas get an automatic email regarding their Idea’s status.

@Spyros.Neofytou How is this idea solved/implemented from your perspective?

Seeing the Release notes, the Universal GUI started supporting Auto-refresh and Support for refresh subject; that does not fullycover this idea. The idea is currently still on the backlog.

On the backlogWorking on it!

The upcoming Universal GUI release (2023.1.15) offers support for these extended properties:

• RefreshOnTabSwitch: refresh already visited detail tabs on reactivation;
  • RefreshOnDocumentSwitch(new): refresh already open document on re-entrance;

We suggest to use these settings wisely. Because you enable them for the entire application at once, this will generate more load on your servers in the back in a multi user environment. For a specific case, you may consider using a processflow or auto-refresh with change detection.

We will keep this idea open until the Software Factory offers support for enabling these settings on a specific subject or reference.

Working on it!Partially completed