Multi value Lookup / Tag Box

Related products: Universal GUI

Please add a more simple way for end users to assign more than 1 value from a source table to a target table.

Like this:

It will make screens less more complicated for end users and will increase the adoption of new applications.

Must not be missing in a modern application! 

I like the idea, we do have several scenario's where there is a 1 to many relation where we would love to be able to show all children in the parents grid. 

I think/assume the crosses should be gone once you're not editing.

Great idea, would definitely help us in a couple of scenario's too! 

@Harm Horstman What would this look like in the Database? E.g. how are these multiple values stored in the Target table?

I think the easiest option would be to store the data as JSON in a field or have the option to save it automatically in a link table with primary key to enforce data integrity 

I would opt for parent child relation and have a ‘calculated’ field that shows all children.

For example if you have a list of customers and each of them has certain certifications. Normally you would have a parent child relation (1 to N). You would see a grid like this:

• Company X - cert 1, cert 2, cert 3
  • Company Y - cert 2, cert 3

In the database you would not have to store anything directly on this table except that you have a placeholder / calculated field where you want to show it. (and edit ofcourse)

Update would update 2 tables, which, I am aware, is slightly different than the usual updates.

NewOpen

How to implement this idea is up to TW.

Duplication of data in the database is not desirable and I assume that this is not needed soon as all platforms can only connect via Indicium.

It should be possible to only store the data in a separate link table for a proper many-to-many relationship. The API can return the multivalue field automatically as subset in the JSON dataset.

This will be really helpful if implemented. :)