I currently have the following set-up, which is just not working great. It's slow, complex, and it needs a kick every day to get going.
The current set-up.
- Task on 'origin’-table does an insert on the rpt_queue (table).
- Thinkwise reporting service picks this up, generates the PDF and places this in an output-folder
- NOTE: the .rdl file is not withing SF, but from a repo (so an outside party can create the rdl files!)
- Our home-made Service polls the output-folder. If a file is found, it is uploaded to our Azure File storage.
- It's final location is given back to the rpt_queue and 'origin’ table, so the file_previewer can display the file.
Upside = it's what I need
Downside = it's slow and never works well
What I now want to try is this;
- Create the PDF through a task (with the .rdl from the repo)
- Save the directly to Azure file storage
- Get the final uri from the file and show in the File Previewer
And - this all must be faster than ..say… 10 seconds max?
First of all, i'm not sure if this is even possible. Can anyone share thoughts on this? And Secondly, if so, how can this be done the best/easiest?
Best answer by Mark JongelingView original