Solved

Why is my task parameter default input read only in the SF?

• 11 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, under the performance tab of task parameters There are options to enable/disable task, default and layout input/output. For some reason the default input is always read-only us:

We tried to discover why, and it seems we simply don’t have edit rights for this column, as seen in the results of this query on our Software Factory IAM:

Is there any reason for this?

Also: does disabling the default input type limit the amount of default (stage_add) calls to Indicium?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 12 April 2024, 10:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

This happens when the Use defaults checkbox is unchecked for the table in Tasks > Settings > Form: Performance.

Default Logic snippet

The state does not impact anything if Use defaults is unchecked.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

This happens when the Use defaults checkbox is unchecked for the table in Tasks > Settings > Form: Performance.

Default Logic snippet

The state does not impact anything if Use defaults is unchecked.

Use defaults is checked:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I stand corrected, I see the checkbox is Read-only in the model of the Software Factory. It looks like it is decided that this checkbox cannot be interacted with. I'll ask around in the team to see if this was intended.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

We suspect this might have been because of how parameters are listed in procedures. However at current time, we don't see any reason to keep this field set read-only.

We have set the column Default input to be Editable from 2024.2. If you do want to alter it right now, only a database query can do so.