Skip to main content

I have just downloaded and applied the RC version of the Universal GUI: 2024.2.15-rc1

This morning I was testing with a nightly version: 2024.2.14.1.500-nightly_20240919

Now clicking through the application and it does not give me any mention a new version of the GUI is available and therefor am still working on my old version:

Still the older version

This matches with the results we see on our PROD environment where users are logging in on an older version, some even several versions back.

Usually I have already cleared caches and what not, but that is me being en IT person. This time I went with the average user experience. I cannot expect them to do the things I do, to make sure they have up-to-date versions.

So my question is: “What triggers that a new version of the Universal GUI is available and gives me the option to update?” (average user point of view)

I am aware of the idea to be able to force updates as I thought users ignoring the “Update” option, but experiencing now that this does not (always?) happen. I am still for the forcing updates though.

Hello @Mark_Plaggenborg,

There are 2 causes that can trigger a new available version of the Universal GUI:

1. After logging in, Universal can detect a new Universal version being available.
  2. When a network request is made to Indicium and a new model version is available, this can also trigger an update being available.

Currently, the system does not check for new versions while you are working in Universal. We will implement forced updates when starting the session.

@Alexandra Egri Thanks for your response.

I guess sometimes bullet-point one does not seem to happen, as that would have to be the case in my example. Eventually after logging in several times with no new version, I just did a CTRL + F5 before my next attempt and got the latest version working.

I’ll look forward to the implementation of the forced update.