Wait in process flow or fill task parameter in another task from process variable

• 9 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

We have the following situation. We have 3 tables, activity, activity_item and item. We first make an activity with some extra needed info, after that we want to multiselect some items (filtered on some conditions) to the activity.
So after selecting the items there is a task to assign those items to the activity_item table. 
At that moment the activity_id from activity table is not available in the task, which I want to fill. I tried a process flow, but I do not think there is an option after opening the document and filter to wait for selection of the items. See screenshot below

The first task will be opened form the Activity table after you have selected an activity
In that task you select the option how you want to filter the items.
The Item table will be opened and filtered according the first task.
In this situation the flow continues to the next task where activity_id is filled. But that step should be done after selecting items form the item table

Is there a way to wait until items are selected or fill a new table task on item with the activity_id that is set from the process?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Stefan,

There is currently no way to hold the progress a Process flow until the user made his selection and then continue. You could alternatively stop the Process flow at Change filters, and start a new Process flow when after the user selected the rows presses a certain task.

It is possible to use the Execute table task Process action with Table task parameters assignments. That way the Process action will try and execute the Task while using parameter values of the selected row. You can alter that selection by first filtering the correct rows (f.e. based on the activity_id), then executing the task. The Task parameters will now be filled according to the Table task parameter assignment.

Does that solve your challenge?

Badge

Not really solved but found a not ideal workaround. I solved this by updating a column value in a table that I use later to set in the task parameter of the a new table task of the opened document.