Solved

upgrading multiple applications within iam with tenants

• 22 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I would like to upgrade multiple applications at the same time. The applications are exactly the same with the same version number, structured within one iam with the use of multiple tenants. Is that possible with the tw deployer for example?

Or, to put it a little different: when I have multiple customers with the same (standard) saas-application, it would reduce the time needed for upgrading if I could do that with just one click. Even better if I could schedule this. I know that I could create a script to do this, and upload the iam model once, but I guess my main question is: does Thinkwise have a smart way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 1 September 2021, 15:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Hugo,

It looks like we missed this question, sorry for that. What you can do without using any other tools is syncing the SF-model to an IAM on the same Database server. It's not possible to sync it to multiple IAM's in one go. Best way of doing that, including syncing or deploying to different servers and IAM's is by utilizing Octopus deploy for example. In this tool, you can define all steps that you would normally take if you would do a deploy by hand. For an example, you can say that Octopus deploy obtains SQL code files from a certain directory, then deploy those on given servers/environments and much more like deploying Indicium. This all can be scheduled to your desire.

We are working on making processes such as synchronizing to IAM as System flows that Indicium then executes. In the 2021.3, you will be able to run the Generate definition process via Indicium for example. This will also make it possible to call Indicium's API to run these processes.