Solved

Update multiple views/graphs with one filter

• 9 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Good day,

I am busy with a dashboard to show some statistics. What I need is a screen with a filter form at the top to filter on employee/department/date(range)/status/etc. Below that some KPIs, some charts and table/view or two - like bellow. The tables should be a list of employees/departments with a number of tickets on their name with some average response times etc. All components need to update based on the filter input.

I know it’s not possible to use a filter form to filter through multiple subjects. I can use a task with a process flow to filter on multiple charts/tables/views. But then I get stuck with the possibility to use different conditions than equal to. For example; I need to filter open tickets. That include all statusses except closed. So I need to use not equal to.

What I currently have is a working form filter with a single chart (the filtering works perfect for that single subject). Some KPIs, but those are static. Currently that is a simple view with some count()s. To filter on that is indeed not possible.

This is what I have now;

Perhaps I need to make use of custom screens with some traditional programming? Or I see that there is also a dashboard component available under screen types but I’ve read that an object model extender is required to make use of that. I’ve also read the docs about the object model extender template but I’m not sure how to actually build something in Visual Studio with that.

I need advice/docs/tutorials/anything to help me set up a dashboard like this. What am I missing? Is it even possible to achieve something like this?

Also good to know is that we mainly use the Windows GUI right now, but that can obviously change in the future.

Any help will be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 19 August 2022, 14:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

What you could do is having a View (container) above all the different screens. All screens should then be details of the View. The Filter form can then filter based on the users’ input. For the options: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/user/winweb_screen#filter-form

Creating your own Object model extender template is not really something you would want to do as it cannot be ported over to Universal GUI, and the amount of work that goes into it should not be underestimated. After every upgrade of the Windows GUI, the extender may not function properly anymore for example. I wouldn't recommend it.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi, Has my reply helped you out?