Solved

TSF Error during merge session

• 4 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

During a merge session in SF2023.1, we get the following error 

“The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "ref_change_log_change_log_template". The conflict occurred in database "xxxx_SF", table "dbo.change_log".

There were some merge conflicts we resolved before the task was started.

I've got no idea how to solve this. Can we solve this, or is this an issue in the SF? Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 4 May 2023, 17:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi André,

This looks like a “Changelog template” being added to the branch but there's no corresponding "Changelog” record. Can you look through the Conflicts and Actions to see if the Changelog record is also inserted?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your quick response. Somehow the conflicts where not correctly resolved (i think). I found for some conflicts had the wrong resolution type. For now the error during the merge session is gone 😅

However, now the following error occurs 

I think i need some help on this too. I the resolution of conflicts was not carried out correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi André, 

You can edit the Delete Delta actions for Process actions to not be applied. This will prevent the process action(s) to be deleted and rather keeps them in the model. After the merge, you can take a look at the process actions and review if they should still exist or not.

Usually these kinds of error occur when resolving conflicts incorrectly, but that is difficult to judge for me form here 😅 If this doesn't solve the issue, you can create a ticket so our support team can help out

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Mark,

Thanks again for your response. Your answers put me in the right direction and will help me! If it won't i will create a ticket.