Solved

Task heighth rules? (windows GUI)

• 8 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I am trying to understand the rules that govern the height of the task window.

It seems to be determined by the total height of the first column (I think) but on this occasion it is not. 

Context: 
We are using the tasks available to us through the resource scheduler extension. 
In this case we are trying to enforce the correct layout for the double click appointment task. 
Example:
This task has fields that need to be hidden/shown based on the appointment clicked (type of appointment, state of appointment etc...)

In our “standard” state our task looks like this

Task in natural state

Now we also have a “ready/definitive state” for our appointments this means certain actions are no longer available. So we hide them. 

Now our result suddenly looks like this

result of hiding the 2 fields

Now our 5th field suddenly jumps to the next column pushing all the fields further and further. None of the fields on the left have the checkmark next column. 

My question is:
What determines this behaviour and how is the minimum height of a task-window determined?

Possible solutions in this case.
A possible solution would be to make the fields read-only instead of hiding them. 
We could try hiding them “inside form” but then our group label would still show up. 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 18 March 2022, 09:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Anne,

Can you share the Form configuration of this Task? I'm curious with which fields either a new Form group starts or see when a column is meant to end up in the next column of Tab. 

Do you also make use of the setting No. of column in form? If you intend to have 2 columns per tab, then try to set this setting to 2, hope that helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi mark,

I've attached a zip containing screenshots of all the task parameters settings and the settings page of the task. 

p.s. I also accidentally clicked the answer button on your reply and I'm pretty sure I can’t undo that :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Anne,

This is quite difficult to understand as about 50% of the information is blurred:sweat_smile: . I'm afraid I have to ask you to submit a support ticket in TCP. One of my colleagues should be able to help you out with this. 

The GUI does not have any hard rules when showing the Task pop-up to the user, it should listen to the model settings and show the pop-up accordingly. One thing I can think of is, are you using the zoom-in function inside windows? When using a zoom-in level more than 100%, that might confuse the GUI; although I'm not fully sure about that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Mark,

Our customers name is abbreviated as a prefix in most domains so I decided to blur information that could be identifying but went a little overboard. 

I will make a ticket on the TCP and include uncensored screenshots. 

Thanks for your help.