Solved

Tab sequence show password

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

With the latest version of the Universal GUI the checkbox “Remember me” is added. When tabbing through the fields from password to remember me, I expected it would go to remember me, but it didn't, it went to the “Eye” from “Show password”.

If you hit spacebar immediately, your password is shown. We've discussed this internally and think this is not appropriate. Lets say I was lucky that there was no colleague standing next to me or I was sharing a screen 😉.

Maybe should the “Eye” be excluded from the tab stops?

Other applications I've seen you can only use the ‘click’ to show te password (e.g. Windows login) or have an explicit link / button that is more clear that it is a button / part of the tab sequence. I didn't expect the eye to be part of the tab sequence, because it's inside the password box.

icon

Best answer by René W 28 May 2021, 15:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi René,

The question is more of a suggestion/idea isn't it? :wink:

It does have to be a change in the Universal GUI itself. Could you post this as an Idea? That way we can put it more easily on the backlog and will everybody see the status of the idea. (I can’t convert it to an idea)

I do agree that this button should be excluded from it. You will have my vote!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Well, if I take a look at the HTML code I'd almost think it was already intended that it should be skipped, because it has a tabindex of 0 (-1 is ignored). The other fields don't have a tab index, that's why it isn't ignored. If you add a tab index 1-n for the other fields it's ignored.

I'll add an idea/suggestion for this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Here is the suggestion.