Sometimes it is not possible to insert images in the HTML editor

• 7 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

After inserting an image (inline) image in the HTML (rich text) editor the application crashes. You can try to click on OK or Annuleren, but nothing happens.

You have to close the tab of the browser and start all over again. The only thing that helps is reducing the size of the image from 2,1MB to less than 1MB. Why does the user not get an error? What are the limitations for this control? A maximum file size per file or in total?

I would like to know what I should tell our customers before they try to add an image and it does not work. That means that they lost a lot of work!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Johan,

I don't know about any limitations to the component we use. What datatype and length do you use for the HTML column?

If you are sure that the data type is large enough to hold the image, please report a bug in TCP. Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Jasper,

Same image with the same dimensions, but less MB's. Only then the user can save the content of the HTML / rich text editor.

No, I am not gonna report the issue again in TCP. Victor assured us that we did not have to do that anymore. I’ve had it with always havinh to report things in two systems. Make up your mind Thinkwise, are you gonna use TCP or this Community Portal?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Johan,

There's no need to report things twice. The community is meant for questions and conversations about the Thinkwise platform. Errors and bugs, such as the crash you describe here, should be reported in our ticket management system, TCP.

In case of questions that turn out to be a bug after all, we will gladly create a ticket for you.

Kind regards,
Jasper

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Jasper,

That was not what you requested. You said: "If you are sure that the data type is large enough to hold the image, please report a bug in TCP.”

Even if you open an empty HTML / rich text editor and directly upload a file of size 2,1MB, you are not able to close the HTML / rich text editor by clicking [OK]. Try it in TCP. I had the same problem there with the column “Omschrijving” in Issues in TCP.