Resource Scheduler - (Resize) actions doesn't execute

• 12 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

I am struggling with my first resource scheduler. For a new project I have created the necessary tables for the Resources and the Tasks/Appointments, as described in the Documentation (Resource Scheduler · Thinkwise Docs (thinkwisesoftware.com).

So far so good, I have the tasks visible:

But I can’t resize, move or double click the appointment, nothing happens. It look likes the scheduler is in Read only or something.

These are my Extender settings, and I have also created a Task in the Model for the Resize-action.

Resource settings
Task settings
Resize action
Resize task
Screentype

What have I forgotten or did I do wrong? 
The SF version is 2019.2.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

It seems like you only filled settings for the Resize appointment task, so this can be the only one working. The Drop Appointment and Double Click Appointment tasks are not filled so they won’t do anything.

For the Resize Appointment task it looks like you are using the wrong parameter names. In your task they are called start_date and end_date, but in the extender settings you fill them with onh_begindatum and onh_einddatum. These have to become start_date and end_date, the scheduler maps the new dates (after resizing the appointment) on these parameters.

An extra feature for this task is If you only fill one of these parameters, e.g. the start_date, only the left part (the beginning) of the appointment is resizable and will show a resize arrow.

Please let me know if this info helps you out.

Kind Regards,

Roel

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thnx Roel.

Found out what was wrong; I assigned the model tasks (resize_appointment for example) to the wrong table.

Resizing etc is now working.

Kind regards,
Patrick

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Glad to hear that!

If you need more info please don’t hesitate to ask :)

Kind Regards,

Roel