Solved

Resource Scheduler And Process Flows

• 18 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello 

I am implementing a resource scheduler and was wondering if it was possible to use the tasks defined in the resource_scheduler_extender as starting points for process flows. I have it sort of working when i use the process action start table task but it seems that my layouts and defaults then do not trigger for the starting task.

Is this normal behaviour for process flows or is it because of it being use in the scheduler?
There is of course a workaround by makeing the starting task empty and linking to new tasks from there but i wonder if there is special behaviour concerning the scheduler and process flows.

Greets Anne

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 21 January 2022, 09:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Is the layout/default active in the task settings? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Resulting task when used as starting point
Resulting task when not used as starting point

Hmm it seems to be that the fields that are not being filled are the fields that the scheduler fills not the default (so the resource(in our case users) and the starting time(where the item is dropped).

So its not so much the defaults/layouts (i checked debug they do in fact fire) as the scheduler values not being picked up. Maybe adding them as table task parameters will do the trick?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Adding a table task parameter would be worth a try since a table task uses the parameters. Can you give this a try and post the results here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
The value is now passed as table_task_parameter and fills

Thanks that seemed to be the answer is was looking for.

My confusion stemmed from the fact that for the resource_extender the use of table task parameters are not required since the extender itself passes these values.