Skip to main content
Solved

Reset to default field width

• 5 July 2024
  • 5 replies

When a user resizes the width of a column in the grid, the universal GUI remembers the custom width which is a nice feature. However, as a developer you want to determine what the best (default) width for columns is by trial and error with the GUI linked directly to the SF. But when you have set a custom width in the Universal GUI and then set a width in the SF model, the Universal GUI still remembers the custom width, even after refreshing the model or re-login. Is there a trick to reset to the model in that situation?

Note: when you didnt set a custom width for the column in the GUI, and you edit the width in the SF multiple times the GUI will show the correct width after refreshing the model. So this seems only a problem when you first have set a custom width in the Universal GUI.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Peter,

That is how it works at the moment. The user preference for Grid width is used if present, otherwise the model preference is used. To reset this, you can remove all the Column user preferences for your users in IAM for example. IAM > Authorization > Users > User preferences > Columns (usr_pref_col): Remove or update the specific record(s) here to reset the column width.

Alternatively, you can ensure the user preference is not recorded/used by choosing a difference User preference configuration for the user(s). The User preference configuration can determine which user preferences are applied for the specific user. 

Resetting from the application itself would require some work on our side for which you can create a idea. 

Lastely, the User preference were applied as the column itself still exists. You can opt to write post-synchronization code to remove certain setting everytime you deploy code, but I can imagine this is a bit too much.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I forgot to mention that I was opening the application directly linked to the SF (without IAM). So somehow the custom width of columns is being saved/cached somewhere else than in IAM.

Empty cache of the browser has no effect (screenshot). However logout + empty cache button on the login screen of the Universal GUI does work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think the Universal GUI stores the user modified column width in cache as well, but I'm not sure that also is the case when running via the IAM meta source.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @PeterKeeris , do you still require assistance on this?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

No, the empty cache button on the login screen works, so it is ok. Although it might be better if reload model also would have the same effect.