Solved

Process with HTTP connector to download file and subsequently unzip action.. doesn't work.

• 23 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 389 replies

Hi. 

I have flow that downloads a file from the internet HTTP connector, which I subsequently want to unzip. This doesn't work.. the return JSON value stays NULL and there is not errorlog in indicium.. how do I find out what is going wrong? 

Ps. I would be great if you update the docs with an example output JSON..  It just says that a JSON is returned not what it looks like so we know how to process it. 

icon

Best answer by André Romijn 24 August 2023, 10:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I found out that the destination folder has to be empty..  but I do stil have a question. 

I have a zip that contains 5 CSV files which I want to process and subsequently delete from the hard-disk.  what would be an advisable way without creating a physical table?  As I understand you cannot create a temp table that only exists during the process-flow correct?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Freddy

We had faced a kind of same situation, but instead of unzipping we wanted to zip the files. We came up with the solution to create process-flow in which a temporary directory (using a GUID to make it unique). is created. At the end of the process-flow the temporary directory is deleted.

I think the same is possible for you. In a process-flow you can create a temporary directory using a GUID and unzip the contents in that directory. After successful processing of a file, you can delete it and afterwards delete the temporary directory in a process-step.

Be aware that you have to specify absolute paths folder the folders. We already posted this on this on the community. Zip file / Delete folder connector requires full path to Source folder

Relative paths could make your life easier 😉

André