Solved

process flow "Print file" variable printer

• 8 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I was somewhat surprised that when I use the “print file” process action the printer is a mandatory selection:

This means that we need to add all 100+ printers into Thinkwise. And any new printers in the future we would need to add and add a process action per printer to the flow. Not very efficient..
When I email the pdf instead of printing I don't need to add all possible email adrresses to Thinkwise… Why aren't the printer setting parametrized like for example the email or ftp settings?
Or is there another way of doing this (unattended printing without user interaction to any printer in the company).

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 8 January 2024, 14:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey Alban,

That is correct, we chose to bind this process action to a printer stored in the model. However, you can overwrite the bound printer in the input parameters by simply naming a different printer address/name.

Does that suffice?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey Alban,

That is correct, we chose to bind this process action to a printer stored in the model. However, you can overwrite the bound printer in the input parameters by simply naming a different printer address/name.

Does that suffice?

In which version were those added?
I run 2023.1 SF and I only see the first 3 parameters:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ah, since 2023.2 we have added those: 2023.2 | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com)