Skip to main content

The process action edit row, does not actually edit the data in a table when used in a process flow. We are using the Windows GUI and are currently using 2024.2. I sat up a process flow which would edit the row of the table work_item. When I run the process flow using a table task as a start, I first get a pop-up for the task parameters, here I change the status value from 0 to 3, then I see the edit happen in the form that is infront of me and see the value 3 in the status field. However, if I press save, the status field returns back to 0. The processflow monitor showed the same thing, during the edit row action, the old status value was 0 and the new status value was 3, yet it did not edit and save it after that. I do not use any extra defaults or functionality and it seems like it is an issue with the edit row action. I also tried using auto-commit with this action (which is what I would like to use in the end), but this has the same problem, that it does not change the value. I also can't see the data change in the database itself. Is there anything I might have setup in the wrong way or a setting? or is this an error with the edit row action?

Edit: I solved my issue by using a control procedure attached to my task, but I am still wondering why the edit row action did not work

Hey Max,

Could you please send the screenshot of the process flow diagram and one screenshot for the process action (edit row) settings how the input and output parameter is set up?

Sadly, I already deleted the process flow and currently don't have the time to replicate it. If someone else comes across this then they will at least know it could be an issue in the sf, if I have time, I will try to recreate it later