Solved

Notification about new GUI version when starting 2nd instance of IAM using different GUI folder

• 4 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Probably a long shot but the other day I got a complaint from a user about a message that was shown when het tried to start the IAM:

We have several instances of the IAM running (DEV, TEST, ACCEPTANCE and PRODUCTION) and all are physically disconnected using different SQL instances, machines and GUI installations.
The last thing probably causes the message the user is complaining about?

The user already has a PRODUCTION app running and tries to start an ACCEPTANCE app.
I suspect that the message not necessarily sees a newer version of the GUI but rather a different instance of the GUI? The PRODUCTION app is running something along the lines of \\PROD\TW\GUI\TSF_CS.exe while the ACCEPTANCE app starts \\ACC\TW\GUI\TSF_CS.exe and both of them are the same version of the Windows GUI (2023.1.12.0).

Is there a way to prevent this message to be shown in this situation? Especially as it suggests that there is a version difference, which is not the case. Althought I can imagine that the starting IAM can’t know the version of the other instance.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 4 May 2023, 11:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alban,

When executing the TSF_CS.exe, the GUI will create a local copy of the GUI folder and uses the name of the folder in which the exe is placed. If both PROD and ACC use the folder name GUI, the local folder name will also be called GUI, resulting in a conflict. The Windows GUI then checks the contents of the folder and compares them I believe. 

I think if you rename the GUI folder to PROD_GUI and ACC_GUI respectively, that everything will run just fine - until of course the GUI gets updated.