Skip to main content

Hi,

Since this summer we work with the new model/branch process. We deployed our products always with a modelversion, like 1.140. Now we state this versioning in the new ‘version_name’ in de model settings.

When I synchronize this to IAM, I see an option to sync as a different branch, but we can update the MAIN branch. 

So in IAM the model/branch looks like this. Can’t see the actual version_name here?

When I create a deployment package, I check the version name:

I use this package in a customer environment, I get the version name as Branch:

Why is the branch replaced by the version name of the model? Why is this different from syncing to IAM?

Hi Tejo,

There a distinction between Deployment package and Synchronization to IAM/Storage which lies in when in the development and release processes these processes are used.

The Model version name is used for Deployment; as-in deploying your database and creating a deployment package where you upgrade from a previous version to this new version.

The Synchronization to IAM/Storage is used for Development; you use this to test your roles and user groups, System flow schedules, integration overrides, as well as having a similar set-up as your production environment. 

The Model version name is not so relevant for development. You can use it but it is not necessary to have a working development database for example. The Model version name is necessary when deploying your application via a Deployment package as described earlier.

Does this answer your questions?