Solved

Markers not showing on maps

• 14 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

We are in the process of upgrading our old maps (the depricated extender) to the new maps component.
We followed the very cleas instructions from Kevin:

We are at a point that the map is showing (Google maps because I couldn't find any xyz url options for Mapquest) and the set initial location is working way too good because that's all it ever shows 😢

Our setup is as follows:

The address_type_id domain is set as follows:

The location data is stored in the correct JSON format:
{ "CoordSets": [ [ { "Lon": "5.9794453", "Lat": "52.2083719" } ] ] }

So the complete data (sort of anonimized and the expression content is added) is:

The maps component is configured as follows:

In the Windows GUI the initial location is shown without any marker:

Any ideas/suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
Is there a way to see what information is passed to the map component?
I also noticed that the marker shown in the legenda and layers are different from the set marker.

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 17 April 2023, 10:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Could you please check the caution note mentioned in the documentation? 

"Make sure the database value of each element matches the element id. If not, navigating to different coordinates will mallfunction and markers will not become visible.”

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/maps2#adding-a-map

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

They originally were in it, however we have removed it because it didn't work. But, when configured as below. Still no marker(s) visible:

The elements:

The distinct value in use:

The configuration of the Data mapping:

We also noted, that the color of the marker is always the same, perhaps there is also the key to the problem?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

And Alban corrected me on Teams. You were right Erwin! I've changed 'visitor_address’ to 0, and we now have the result.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

And Alban corrected me on Teams. You were right Erwin! I've changed 'visitor_address’ to 0, and we now have the result.

Thanks!