Solved

Is it possible to have prefilters on hidden in default and off hidden in variant?

• 25 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey all,
i have 2 filters, one gives me only records where the activity_kind is equal to 10 and the other gives me records where activity_kind is not equal to 10

This is how it is configured in my default table:

In this case it should only give me records where activity_kind is not equal to 10

This is how it is configured in my variant:
In this case it should only give me records where activity_kind is equal to 10

When i have everything configured like above^ everything works fine..

However i want them on hidden, but when i put the show_not_parcel_delivery_kind on on hidden in my default table it doesn’t give me any data in my variant.

Does the state of the filter carry over to the variant if it’s on on hidden?

Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 25 May 2023, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Timothy, 

It is currently indeed so that prefilter states can only become more restrictive in variants. A validation is also in place to notify you when this occurs in your model.

So in the Base the prefilter can be Off hidden and in de Variant On hidden, but not the other way around. I believe we have a User story to make it possible to have the scenario you describe.

You do have the option when working with roles, to force a prefilter to be On hidden for users with a particular role. In 2023.2 this column is named “Always on” whilst in versions prior it's called "Data authorization”.

Alternatively you can simply make an additional variant that copies the Base table's settings next to the more restrictive variant.