Solved

is it Possible to add a Task to a view in Thinkwise SF

• 20 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi Team,

I have created a view named as ‘’ sales_Part” ,the view have some rows which i have been taken from the table sales_order_line,part & part_requested Table.

I had created a Task named as ‘ update_workchain’

my question is pretty simple - i want to assign that task (update_workchain) to that particular view (sales_Part).

Can it be possible in Thinkwise  assign a task to a particular view? & after post assigned of task to the view shall we have tdo deployement or not?

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks,

Sujit

icon

Best answer by Benjamin Westra 20 October 2022, 07:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge

Hi Sujit,

If I understand you correctly your question has two parts:
1. You want to know if you can assign a task to a view
2. You want to know if this requires a synchronisation/model refresh. 

My answer: 
1. Yes this is possible, it works the same way as assigning a task to a table through the detail tab under menu item 'tasks' called 'table tasks' (yes the name can be confusing so I understand your question)
2. Yes this requires a synchronisation/model refresh. This is an update to the model so in a 'development' environment you'll need to press the 'Refresh model' button (in web and windows GUI), and in an IAM environment (e.g. test, acceptance or production), you should synchronize the model from the SF to the IAM database before you can refresh the model. After a model refresh you should see the changes.

Also, if you are having trouble seeing the ‘assigned task’ make sure the checkbox 'Show’ is on in the list of assigned tasks under ‘User Interfase → Subjects → Default/Variant → Links → Tasks’ and when this checkbox is on and you still don’t see the task, see if it may be hidden through a context procedure.