Solved

Indicium 2021.1.16 (for Universal) not starting

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

I tried everything to get Indicium running, only to activate the automatic Licence update service

Any more suggestion on how to solve this?

Installation details:
Indicium 2021.1.16
SF 2021,1
ASP.NET Core 5.0 Runtime (v5.0.5)

appsetting.json:

{
"Logging": {
"ApplicationInsights": {
"LogLevel": {
"Default": "Information",
"System": "Information",
"Microsoft": "Warning",
"Indicium": "Debug"
}
},
"IncludeScopes": false,
"LogLevel": {
"Default": "Information",
"System": "Information",
"Microsoft": "Warning",
"Indicium": "Debug"
}
},
"MetaSourceConnection": {
"Server": "XXXXXXXXXX\\SQL2019_TEST",
"Database": "TW_IAM_XXXXX_2021_1",
"PoolUserName": "tsf_admin",
"PoolPassword": "XXXXXX"
}
}

Error log, when running Indicium .exe

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Invalid configuration. Server and Database are mandatory
at Indicium.Startup..ctor(IHostingEnvironment env, IConfiguration configuration, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Startup.cs:line 168
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ActivatorUtilities.ConstructorMatcher.CreateInstance(IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.StartupLoader.LoadMethods(IServiceProvider hostingServiceProvider, Type startupType, String environmentName)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostBuilderExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<UseStartup>b__1(IServiceProvider sp)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitScoped(ScopedCallSite scopedCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.DynamicServiceProviderEngine.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<RealizeService>b__0(ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetService[T](IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureStartup()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.Initialize()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostBuilder.Build()
at Indicium.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Program.cs:line 16

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 11 May 2021, 22:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Harm,

Are you certain that the error you are getting is: Invalid configuration. Server and Database are mandatory?

If I use your appsettings then I don’t get that error. I get another error of course, but it’s an error that occurs later than the one you’re getting. Also, the line number of the error, 168, doesn’t line up with that specific error either. So I’m wondering if it’s possible that the error message and the stacktrace that you pasted don’t belong together. 

You said that you’re simply running Indicium.exe, which probably closes automatically when it encounters that error. Could you create a debug.bat file with the following command:

Indicium.exe
pause

And then run it and post a screenshot of the error in the console here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

OK, but I think the output is the same:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Harm,

You’re right, the output is the same.

Could you report an issue for this in TCP and attach the exact appsettings.json file that you’re using, as well as a screenshot of Indicium.exe → Properties → Details:

We can discuss the issue in more detail there and find a solution for you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

OK, I will do.

I hope you can find a solution soon.

Thanks!