Solved

IAM Application Language per Application

• 15 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 388 replies

My user ID in the IAM has English as application language, but I have multiple applications in the Universal. How to I set the default Application language for my User? I am create a Portuguese Brazilian App and I cannot find out how I start that one with the pt-BR language by default… 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 18 March 2022, 11:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In IAM you can set the application language per user, when running universal against IAM.
In SF you can set the application language per user, when running universal against SF.

If the language is not present the fallback language set in the application will be used. Please also check this documentation section on languages:

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/overview/#application-languages

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Erwin Ekkel , 

I've seen the documentation and have been lookin in the IAM but I cannot find anywhere the location where I can set the application language per user, in this case my own. 

• Under user, I find my own user and set the default application language to English. 
  • But then I'm lost to find the location where I can say for a specific application to, by default, use Portuguese of Brazil. 

Can you share a screenshot of where to do this..  I really cannot find it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Freddy,

When switching language inside an application via User preferences in the top bar, the Application language at User (in IAM) will be overwritten. This does mean that you cannot set up preferred application languages per application; only globally.

As example, if I switch my IAM language from English to Spanish, this happens:

Application language

This will then apply for all applications for this user. Meaning, all applications available for this user will now open in Spanish if available. If Spanish is not available, the Windows GUI will open the end product application without any translations. Fallback language only works for Universal GUI.

Feel free to submit an Idea for this