Solved

How to abort a failed synchronization to IAM?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

I have a question concerning a failed synchronization to IAM. 

As can be seen on the image below, the synchronization to IAM has failed on the step ‘Synchornizing: project’. However, it doesn't seem possible to abort the failed synchronization. So, how do I abort a failed synchronization to IAM.

I have tried to cancel it via maintenance → jobs, but this doesn't seem to work. Additionally, in maintenance → Jobs, the ‘active job’ isn't listed as an active job (second image)

Thanks in advance. 

Failed synchronization
No active job
Error 

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 22 June 2022, 12:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Did you run all the hotfixes? There was an older hotfix that solved this issue: 
20220121 - Sync run did not get cancelled upon cancelling generate sync scripts

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yes, I did run the latest hotfixes. However, maybe the problem is that the ‘cancelling generate sync scripts’ or just cancel this sync is not possible / can't be found. Before I was able to manually cancel a creation or synchronization. 

Could this be the problem I'm facing? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you check the synchronization history if the job is still considered running? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Both images show that the sync has failed, but hasn't been finished or cancelled. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you try manually updating the sync_run_status to 4 in the sync_run table?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks Erwin! This does seem to allow for new syncs to be started. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Unfortunately, we've run into the same problem again. Updating the sync_run_status to 4 does help with running a new synchronization. However, when starting the new synchronization, the same problem presents itself. It does fail on another ‘step’ of the synchronization. Before the synchronization would fail on the ‘Synchronizing: project’ step, now it fails on the ‘Connecting to sync target and checking IAM version’ step. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Please check the indicium log for errors during this process. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The errors in de indicium log are:

2022-07-15T07:48:30.8764613+00:00  [ERR] Error in process procedure of process action 'job_exists' in process flow 'system_flow_generate_sync_scripts'. (664ac011)
2022-07-15T07:48:31.1250146+00:00  [ERR] Error scheduling system flow 'system_flow_generate_sync_scripts' for application 41. (af615906)

It looks like the previous problem is still active.

Any idea how to fix this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I think it's best if you report this as a support ticket for us to investigate. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The problem has been fixed, hopefully for good!