Solved

Hide file name in card list universal

• 28 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I have a card list with a file to download. However, it is displayed as a field in the card list (not clickable) and as a download under the top right menu item. I don't want to have displayed both, but only one (clickable). Is it somehow possible to hide the card list item, but maintain the menu item? When I set the field type to “hidden”, the top right menu also disappears.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 29 July 2021, 14:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi René,

That is not possible currently, but it would also be difficult to determine if the user should actually be able to download the file this way. If it's hidden in the Cardlist, then normally that means the user cannot see the field and it's value; but in this case the user would still see it.

Maybe in the future we could make an extended property that can hide certain domain for example, or a model extension for it but for now it is working as intended. Feel free to create an idea for it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@René W You would get my vote if you raise an Idea on this one. We encounter the same behavior for email addresses and phone numbers for example. 

It could simply be standard behavior that the Universal GUI hides the fields on the Card list which are also shown as links behind the 3 dots. With one additional requirement though: it should be possible to use the copy function on the links (this doesn't work on iOS at the moment).