Skip to main content
Solved

Grouping columns

• 20 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Context
I’m trying to create a grid that contains rows with prognosis, values and totals. Based on a contract-number. The idea is to be able to quickly gain insight into specific contracts prognosis, values and totals.

Example:

What do I want?

Group on afspraak, omschrijving and leveranciers (all belong to contract), each contract has 3 rows of prognosis (inkoopwaarde, prijswijziging and total) each with its corresponding months.

Datastructure:

Its all one table in 1NF (supplier list is a description and has no relation and is not intended to).

What did I try?

I’ve tried working with the group untill function in the subjects, however as soon as Im adding more groups (for omschrijving and leverancier) the grid changes to a triple hierarchy tree-like view. Thats not what I want. 

When is problem solved?

When I can make a grid in software factory that is like the example in context.

Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dennis,

I’ve tried working with the group untill function in the subjects, however as soon as Im adding more groups (for omschrijving and leverancier) the grid changes to a triple hierarchy tree-like view. Thats not what I want. 

That is indeed the way it functions. However, you can create a calculated field* to concat these three fields like "123 - Description - Supplier”. Then it is only one column and you can use Goup until and only have one hierarchy treegroup. Would that suffice?

* = Calculated fields are stored in the database as column so the value does not need to be calcuated on the fly as expression column. Using calculated fields often gives you the best performance. Calculated fields are recalculated if any of the included columns are modified.

Badge +1

Thanks for clarifying.