Skip to main content
Solved

Get the shown data from a view used for a cube

• 17 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi!

We want to use the cube views in Thinkwise (Windows) to monitor our KPIs. One of these cube views is the representation of the company’s margin. The cube view is built based on a view, and this view is shown below the graph. I have created a ‘dummy’ table and a graph in Excel, which represents the view shown for the user. The formula for the margin KPI is as follows:

100 * (sum(invoicedi€]) / sum(margin u€])​)

Our users would like the following:

• The KPI calculation should be based on what the view is currently showing. This means that the calculation is ‘triggered’ (process flow?) when the user starts filtering in the view.
  • The result should be shown near the margin view (or ideally, implemented in the graph). But it can also be a value stored in another table.

Is it possible to start a process flow where I can fetch the shown data (e.g. order_id; financial done dates and order category) in the view when the user starts filtering? I know that the layout is triggered every time the user clicks on a cell or starts filtering. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Ezgi

The KPI calculation should be based on what the view is currently showing. This means that the calculation is ‘triggered’ (process flow?) when the user starts filtering in the view.

I believe that is already the case. Calculations done in the Chart/Cube are based on the presented data. If you apply a filter, the calculation will use the data with the filter applied.

The result should be shown near the margin view (or ideally, implemented in the graph). But it can also be a value stored in another table.

As in you want an additional line that shows the result of the calculation? I would expect the Cube view to show it if you add the calculation cube field to the view as Value column.

Is it possible to start a process flow where I can fetch the shown data (e.g. order_id; financial done dates and order category) in the view when the user starts filtering? I know that the layout is triggered every time the user clicks on a cell or starts filtering. 

Filtering does not trigger an action that could start a process flow. You could opt to use a Table task in which you enter some filter values, or simply a dummy task so that it can trigger your process flow. End with a Refresh table to refresh the cube’s dataset

Hope this helps!