Solved

get_gui_global_settings : missing stored procedure

• 20 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I’ve imported my application on IAM, but after log into my application, i get the error:

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 20 October 2021, 15:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

Can you make sure the .ini is correct? The information should be like this:

Metasource = IAM
Server = [Servername]
Database = [IAM_DATABASE]

Additional entries like RDBMS, Authentication andn Language can of course be added, but the error you are getting is that the database in the .ini does not have the get_gui_global_settings stored procedure.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

If I use

Database = [IAM_DATABASE]

It opens IAM application and my Application, too:

Previously i was using  Database = [MY_APPLICATION_DATABASE]

Can i use an .ini parameter to open only my application? Or is it a permission/setting on IAM for the user?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In the .ini, the Database parameter has to be equal to the IAM database where the end product's model is placed inside. The GUI will obtain the model of you end product(s) from the IAM database that is filled in. It cannot be your application database.

You picture is indeed the behavior I would have expected as IAM's model is inside your IAM. If you have rights to both your end product and the IAM, you will see both applications. If the logged in user only has rights to the end product, the IAM will not be visible.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

If you apply the IAM rights to IAM and you have a name with weird characters like Zoë in the username the IAM sync fails with an error, but at that moment all rights of all users are deleted.

No-one is able to login anymore because the rights on the database are deleted.

Then you get this message as well...

Your user has no execute rights on stored procedures?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

For your information:
Today we had the same error message in a newly set up environment.
Ultimately, it turned out that the Active Directory group that the user logs in with did not have a certain membership.
Checking this membership in the relevant AD group (at [Security], [Users] of the IAM database) immediately solved the problem.