Solved

Error in validation after the upgrade

Badge +3

Hi,

After the upgrade and after a few days we have a deployment.
I ran the generation then I go to validation but I noticed a new validation error in its data model section
as attached here

we didnt do any changes in the data model that are in regards to this and I was gonna ask if there is a way to clear the validation to prevent a negative impact in the future if there is any.

regards,

Jeff

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 27 July 2021, 12:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Jefferson,

To use partitioning on a column, that column needs to be part of a clustered index. You can either put the column as part of the primary key or create an alternative clustered index with that column.

Alternatively and probably likely, you can remove the partitioning altogether as using partitioning is an advanced feature that onlyhas benefits in particular situations. (docs)

Badge +3

Hi Mark,

We do not want to use the partitioning neither do we want it enabled. Regardless the validation is still being displayed and therefore redundant. Is this a bug?

regards

Jeff

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Jeff,

I just took a look at the validation code itself and I do see the problem. When a clustered index is created, the validation will trigger unless the partitioning column is in the index columns, but it does not check if the partitioning column is actually filled. This is indeed a bug. Could you create a TCP ticket for this?

Besides that, the Software Factory will automatically create a Clustered index for you based on the Primary Key of the table if there's no clustered index specified in Indexes. So only if you want to deviate from that you'll have to create a clustered index manually.