Solved

Dual listbox

• 23 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

On Google a lot of different dual listboxes are show. The basic idea is to have unselected items on the left and selected items on the right, with the possibility to move items from one list to the other.

My questions:

• How do you modela dual listbox in TSF?
  • What alternatives are there (and how do you model them)?
icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 24 March 2021, 12:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Roy,

Dual listboxes can be seen as two entities that can be interacted with, either by using Tasks or Drag Drop. In my example of Drag drop between subjects, it kind of resembles the Dual listbox you are referring to.

One way of creating a dual listbox is by having a Container, or Subject and creating two references. One to the left listbox, one to the right listbox. It is not mandatory to have reference columns but every case is different and might need reference columns.

The screen type of the Container subject will only contain two detail tabs, each with a different Detail group. The Container subject details should be set accordingly. Now you have two details side by side. Then the only thing left is creating the functionality to interact with these screens, either by Tasks (+ Process flows) and/or Drag drop.

Data model like in the example:

Shop order line has detail tab Product

But it could also make use of a container, putting Shop order line and Product side by side

empty_table_1 being the Container, having shop_order_line and product as its Detail tabs

Edit: The Taskboard inside the SF might be of interest to you :wink:

Taskboard · Thinkwise Docs (thinkwisesoftware.com) 

(Please list Questions in the Questions & Conversations subforum. This is the ThinkStore subforum where our users can share their created solutions and functionality. Thank you in advance. I have moved the topic for you to the appropriate subforum)