Solved

Drag and drop disable certain rows & combine with copy

• 26 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

We are experimenting with drag and drop in the Universal GUI and it looks really promising.  For a certain application we are trying to link rows from one grid to rows in another grid. This works fine but we don’t want to allow users to drag a row to another row that is already linked. Is this possible? Using the context logic disables it for the entire table. We could of course show a message using the task logic and use conditional formatting to make it more intuitive but I’ve seen the cursor change to a forbidden sign while dragging across other tables. Is this something we can program as well?

Also, if a user can’t find a match in the target table while dragging, we would like to allow them to drop the row on the table rather than a row so we can create a row for them. I can’t seem to get this to work, the drag and drop task parameters get filled with target row columns wherever I release the drag.
The docs mention the following:

Does this mean it is possible to drag to the table rather than a row but I need to do something differently?

icon

Best answer by Kevin Horst 28 March 2024, 08:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Jitse,

It is possible to setup parameter(s) that need to match the value of a certain column. Only when they match the task will be executed. You can set this up in the drag-drop parameters tabpage. For a example a task parameter with the default value which matches the not linked status.

This should help with the issue of only allowing to execute the task on rows that are not linked & I think will also help with not dropping on the table.