Solved

Difference analysis for 1 branch with different Model Versions

• 1 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, 

Sometimes I check the Model Compare to see what happened in our development time. 

Yesterday we had a little bug on 1 specific screen. To debug this and only merges where executed, changes should be minor. So I expected something minor. To find all the changes between previous Model Version and current deployed, I tried finding an Compare option in SF. 

I expected something where I select my MAIN branch and use a Task like 'Compare branch MAIN; X Model Version against Y Model version’ - to see what changes where actually deployed. But I can only compare between different Branches. 

I thought this used to be possible before, but I can't find it. In a way it also feels nice to check what features/fixes have been merged, so I can generate a release note fairly easy. 

Is there a quick way to check all the changes in 1 branch, between two points in time? 

If not, it might be useful? 

Thanks!

Alexander

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 1 June 2023, 10:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Blommetje,

You can use the Revert branch task on the Model overview > Branches screen. In the task you can specify the model version or point-in-time to which you would like to revert. It is also possible to review the changes between them as reverting essentially is a merge session. In the merge session's delta actions, all differences are listed.

Hope this helps!