Developer mode (Debug) for main administrators

• 12 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I would like to discuss this topic based on the following quote from the Thinkwise documentation:

" When your end product is started in developer mode, extra options become available in the Developer tab in the ribbon. For main administrators, developer mode is enabled by default. ”

As Main administrator of the tenant, the Developer button is visible but the debugger does not work. You can access the debugger but as shown below it remains empty regardless of any actions.

Debug remains empty

As a work-around, I always log in with another shortcut based on another configuration file (.ini) in which I specifically include ExecutionMode = Developer. In my opinion this should not be necessary because I already have the role Main administrator.

May I consider this a bug and can it be fixed❓or are there other opinions❔

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dennis, 

The combination of being a Main administrator and the ExecutionMode = EndUser .ini property is currently not a working situation. @Edo Spijker, can you elaborate more on this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The problem seems to be specific to our production environment

Indeed, I have tested removing ExecutionMode = EndUser as a parameter from the .ini config and deleted the local cache folder, with no improvement. But there are also branches active with .ini files where ExecutionMode = EndUser and the debugger does work properly.

An application that does not have the status Production ...

Could it still have anything to do with this?