Default empty for multirow value?

• 26 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I have a task with the multirow task execution feature. I noticed the xml variable in the default logic is empty. I really could use it when the user changes an input parameter that applies on all the selected records. Is it intended that this value in the default is empty?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Rene,

Sorry for the delayed response, we lost track of this question. There is a technical reason for the XML being empty, as that the XML is not created until after the default has been executed.

However, if you update a value through a default for the first record and don’t have Popup for each row enabled, it expect this value to be used for all rows. Can you confirm this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Rene,

Have you tried the suggestion above?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Jasper, I don't exactly understand the suggestion but I’ve managed to solve it another way, bit like this topic:

I’ve added a task with all hidden parameters to verify the multi_row content before executing the actual task (linked via a proces flow). Problem here was that some records could not always be updated depending on it's “type”. We've prevented this by doing this hidden “pre check” allowing not the same “type” to be selected. Not the most desired solution, but it works for now.