Solved

Custom validation with related object

• 26 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I have added a custom validation. The validation I’ve added is to prevent ‘localhost’ as part of an url in a http connector in a process flow. This works, however, the columns pk_col_1 - pk_col_7 are a bit of magic. As far I can see they are used to calculate what to show behind the tab ‘Related Object’ in the validation screen.

In this case i want the related object is reflecting the following address:

I notice there is a column “Object type” which is not documented, but I think does affect what the values of pk_col_1 - 5 needs to be:

But what Object type should I choose in this particular situation?

And with what values the pk_col_ columns should be filled?

I currently use this query:

insert into validation_msg (project_id 
, project_vrs_id
, validation_id
, pk_col_1
, pk_col_2
, pk_col_3
, pk_col_4
, pk_col_5
, generated
, insert_user
, insert_date_time
, update_user
, update_date_time)
select
@project_id,
@project_vrs_id,
@validation_id,
@project_id as pk_col_1,
@project_vrs_id as pk_col_2,
pafip.process_flow_id as pk_col_3,
pafip.process_action_id as pk_col_4,
pafip.input_parmtr_id as pk_col_5,
dbo.tsf_user(),
getdate(),
dbo.tsf_user(),
getdate()
from process_action_fixed_input_parmtr pafip
where pafip.project_id = @project_id
and pafip.project_vrs_id = @project_vrs_id
and pafip.input_parmtr_id = 'http_con_url'
and pafip.assignment_method = 'literal_constant'
and pafip.constant_value like '%localhost%'

With the query and settings as above I get an error message in when opening the tab page ‘related objects’.

I know this is a bit of an advanced feature (it's quite hidden in ‘full model’, and you do need know how the SF-database works a bit), but could be very usefull (when properly documented).

icon

Best answer by Jasper 3 March 2020, 08:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Rene,

The object type `Process action input option` corresponds to the general input parameters of a process action. The primary key of a valiation message should be filled with the primary key colums of the relevant table (`process_action_fixed_input_parmtr `), just like you did already.

I have tested your code your code myself and am able to open the Related object. What is the error message you are getting?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Rene,

The object type `Process action input option` corresponds to the general input parameters of a process action. The primary key of a valiation message should be filled with the primary key colums of the relevant table (`process_action_fixed_input_parmtr `), just like you did already.

I have tested your code your code myself and am able to open the Related object. What is the error message you are getting?

I used “Process action type fixed input parameter” as Object type, but it should be “Process action input option”, thanks :grin: .