Skip to main content

Hello,

On our project we want to add a custom component that is showing a Gantt chart with the data from a table, but also to be related with the selected row. 

In the documentation we found that is possible to load a website or a smaller piece of software, my question is which one is better to use on our case? For me it make sense to use a smaller piece of software but i was not sure how we can pass the parameters needed for our context. And if we are using a smaller piece of software how we can incorporate the .css, java script and other modules that are needed?

Hi Elena,

The Gantt chart you intend to show in your application, is it an external website or can it be a dynamically HTML constructed value? That will in turn decide which one is the best for your situation.

The Documentation mentions a CAD viewer for example. That couldn't be a HTML, so embedding a website is the way to go. In your case, a Gantt chart you technically could use HTML but that might be quite a challenge. If you have an external website that can turn data into a Gantt chart, the loading the website into your screen might be the easier way.

Hi @ElenaTodirenchi, can you please respond to Mark his reaction? Thank you in advance.

Hi @ElenaTodirenchi, can you please respond to Mark his reaction? Thank you in advance.

@Jeroen van den Belt She is on vacation right now, but I've alerted her as well to react.

Hello, for our case the Gantt chart was an external website so we ended up loading the site into our screen.