Solved

Cannot deploy after renaming database

• 31 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

We have a project where multiple versions have been deployed already. We cleaned up the database names and did all the adjustments in the runtime configuration to ensure the right database is used. Everything is working fine (SF & application), except I am not able to do a new deploy. After establishing a connection to the correct database, the following scripts are automatically checked:

Screenshot of deployment scripts

I cannot un-check the db script, where it tries to create the database. Obviously, the database already exists and I want to perform an upgrade rather than creating a new database.

Anyone able to help?

icon

Best answer by NickJanssen 31 May 2023, 14:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, when you hit the ‘Connect’ button you can see the database server and name it is attempting to deploy on. This information is stored in a runtime configuration.

You can update the runtime configuration to match the renamed database name.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, when you hit the ‘Connect’ button you can see the database server and name it is attempting to deploy on. This information is stored in a runtime configuration.

You can update the runtime configuration to match the renamed database name.

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The information in the runtime configuration is correct: both the server and the database → Also, it is working in the end application where the same runtime configuration is used.

FYI: the IAM database is also renamed. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Nick,

Could it be that Indicium does not have sufficient rights to open or connect to that database?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Nick,

Could it be that Indicium does not have sufficient rights to open or connect to that database?

Hi Mark,

That should not be possible as it is the same database, but only renamed.

However, in IIS our application pool was also renamed. Could this have something to do with it?

Normally we have a Thinkwise support engineer available, but I know he is on holiday. Is there someone else available for support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Nick,

Feel free to create a support ticket. The Indicium log may also hold valuable information. Can you look into the error log and see if anything stands out?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for all the help, I managed to solve the problem.

Lately, we have been doing some network routing changes to improve the performance of all Thinkwise applications. An incorrect domain name was configured in the runtime configuration and it could there not find the database. It was a coincidence that I discovered the issue after the database rename.