Solved

Azure SQL Timezone

• 16 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all,

I am using Azure SQL (not the managed instance!) and run in the problem of all dates being UTC. Ofcourse I want to see the dates as if they are in my timezone (UTC+1) 

Have any of you handled with this before? And if so what solution did you use?

I'm really curious on the different approaches.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 16 January 2023, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Kasper,

From 2022.2 you can make use of showing Datetime in Local time, which will utilize the set Time zone of the User inside IAM. The GUI will automatically show any stored UTC time in the local time of the User.

Show datetime as Local time

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Nice, but it does not work with universal/indicium. My device is in Amsterdam timezone, my IAM profile is in Amsterdam timezone. Still getting one hour less than it is now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

When running application via de SF metasource, the time zone cannot be read from IAM therefore using to the stored datetime. When using the IAM metasource, the time zone in IAM will be read and used.

To my knowledge this should be working in Universal and in Windows GUI.

You can find out the specified time zone for your use running the following query:

select * from i_ui_usr

This is the information the Universal GUI receives about your user, and will determine the shown time for any column using datetimes shown as Local. Hope this helps 😄

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

There is nothing in this table? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Nevermind, dbo.tsf_user() does not give the correct username ofc in a local tool… That's why the view is empty.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I've updated all users to make sure that they use Europe/Amsterdam, but still it does not show the correct time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you certain the model is correctly synced to IAM, that you are using that exact application, and have your users tried logging out and back in again? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Yes, as far as I can see everything is up to date with sync. I  even rebooted the app service engine to make sure it was not some caching. Also deleted all data in the browser + clear cache.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

In the end there are a few parameters to take into account where the most important seems to be that the date settings of Edge are, unfortunately, not always following your system settings…