Skip to main content
Solved

Authentication method for http connector to indicium from a universal application

• 15 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hey everyone,

I'm facing the following situation:

I am using the import_api of Indicium to import an Excel file via our own universal application. For this, I have two HTTP connectors in my process flow. One for setting up the staging table and one for committing the staging table. I currently have this set up using basic authentication.

Now I have the following question: What is the best/most secure way to connect to Indicium from your own universal application via a processflow? Basic authentication works but isnt our preferred method.

With kind regards,

Jeffrey

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Jeffrey,

Depending on your platform version, you have better options. In 2024.2 you can make use of Web connections. This new addition allows you to encrypt authentication credentials.

In 2024.1 and below, Basic authentication is probably the option that is most convenient.

However, upcoming in 2024.3, you will be able to create Personal access tokens (PAT). With PATs you can generate a token with a subset of your rights, allowing services to use this token to perform actions on your behalf.

Hope this helps!