Solved

Approval process using task on same table for different role

• 16 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi, 

I am creating an approval process on time sheet module. For this there will be 2 roles:

Manager

Employee

Scenario : When the employee submits the time sheet using a Task, the Task should change from

Submit → Submitted

An email should go to his manager.

On the same table the Manager can see, the employee’s time sheet.

He can either : Approve or Reject the time sheet by the employee using Task.

Can you please guide me to the correct path, any idea how this can be implemented?

I do have a rough idea, however its not fullproof.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 20 March 2023, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yes, I was able to create the complete flow. Thanks for the guidance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Rucha Naik Did Mark and Arie's answers help you solve this? If so can you please select which answer helped you most by selecting the best answer option. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Mark Jongeling @Rucha Naik Alternatively, you could use a Context procedure to determine based on the Timesheet status which Task to show. This would also be a bit more robust if a Manager would have to Submit timesheets for himself too, which may or may not have to be approved by her/himself or another Manager.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Mark, I started having 3 process flows with starting point as the task. Each process flow work for various status change along with sending emails to respective recipients. 

I will work on it and get back if I get stuck. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Rucha,

You can have two or three tasks depending on the desired implementation;

1. Submit timesheet (available to employee)
  2. Approve timesheet (available to manager)
  3. Disapprove timesheet (available to manager) - optional, otherwise merge 2 and 3 together

With role configuration, you can make sure the tasks are only available to the correct role.

Submit timesheet will start a process flow, or otherwise creates a record for a system flow to pick up and start sending an email to the manager of this employee.

Let us know if you need any more assistance 😄